New CA Law Requires Harassment Training by Jan 1, 2020
Recent legislation mandates that California employers with 5 or more employees MUST provide harassment prevention training to their entire workforce. This course is required by California law, SB1300, and must occur by Jan 1, 2020. It requires one hour training for employees and two hours for managers and supervisors. This live, interactive training will help you meet the requirements of the law, AND it will help you create a respectful work environment. Not only will employees, managers, supervisors and owners learn about harassment and what to do about it, they will gain skills to engage in civil, respectful behaviors at work. After all, civility is the key to harassment prevention.
DURING THE FIRST HOUR, YOUR ENTIRE WORKFORCE WILL:
- Define incivility, abusive conduct, discrimination, and harassment; and their damaging impact
- Discuss harassment based on race, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- Use a variety of methods for stepping in immediately when witnessing or experiencing inappropriate behavior
- Describe how to report complaints, and their role in promoting a workplace free of harassment
- Discuss what constitutes retaliation
- Review scenarios and examples in the cannabis industry, and select the appropriate course of action
IN THE SECOND HOUR, MANAGERS/SUPERVISORS WILL:
- Understand risk factors and reinforcers of harassment and ways to reduce them
- Discuss how to handle complaints effectively
- Learn how to coach and stop employees who are engaging in incivility, bullying or harassment
- Discuss how to proactively create a workplace culture that is built on respect and open communication
What's the refund policy?
Date exchanges/refunds are allowed up until 5 business days from the registered event.
Can I update my employee registration information?
The registered employee can be switched with 24 hours notice.
Do owners need to attend?
Owners are considered supervisors and count towards the 5+ employee requirement. They will need to attend for the full two hours to comply with the law.
Organizer of Harassment Prevention Training - Session 1
Catherine is a consultant and trainer who assists organizations in developing systemic action plans to build positive corporate cultures. An expert in workplace bullying and harassment, Catherine has helped organizations ranging from Fortune 500's to small businesses, nonprofits and government agencies, create a positive work environment. She has also appeared on NPR and CNN and in USA Today, Forbes and other major venues as an expert.